December 24, 2019 by Anu
03 - BRANDING
Defining your brand is like a journey of business self-discovery. It requires answering some very critical questions.
A STRONG BRAND CAN GIVE YOU THE COMPETITIVE EDGE YOU NEED.
Defining your brand is like a journey of business self-discovery. It requires answering the critical questions about your company’s mission, benefits and features of your products, your perceived authority in the industry, and the qualities that you want your customers to associate with your company.
We do the research, learn the needs, habits and desires of your current and prospective customers. This way we can be sure of knowing what they think. Thus, designing a very effective branding strategy for you.
Strong brands can:
- create greater customer loyalty
- make you less sensitive to competitive pricing
- increase trial of new products
- increase support from trade partners
- provide focus to marketing efforts
- allow you to attract the resources you need such as talent and capital
- are instrumental in developing strategic partnerships
- act as a powerful tool for guiding internal decision making.
Vital Questions You Need To Ask to Build Your Brand
You know you need a strong brand. The real question is, “How to build one?” Building a strong brand is about having a clear understanding of what your brand stands for, and then making sure everyone else understands it too. It is as simple — and as complicated — as that.
Building or re-energizing your brand starts with answering some questions about your product or business:
- Who are my customers?
- What customers do I want to have?
- Who are my competitors?
- What is my competitors’ brand position?
- What problem does my company solve? Does anybody care?
- What is my value proposition? Is it distinctive? Is it relevant to my customers?
- When people think about my company or product, what are the feelings and 1. associations I want them to have? Are they unique? Can we “own” them?
- What are the functional benefits that we deliver to our customers?
- What are the emotional benefits that only we deliver to our customers?
- What kind of personality will my brand have?
The last two questions are critical if you really want to build a valuable brand.
You need to think getting beyond functional benefits. Emotional benefits are a much stronger way to differentiate your brand. How does someone feel when they buy or use your brand? Volvo, Apple and Coca-Cola are all brands that evoke strong emotional associations. Brand personality can set your brand apart from the competition.
A selection of our Branding Services:
- Brand Strategy and Planning
- Brand Identity
- Print and Layout
Want to know, how we can help you grow your business by creating a strong brand? Just connect with us.